Robert Basil is the founding member of The Basil Law Group, and has been a licensed attorney since 1988. He has been practicing in New York City since 2003. He is a graduate of Rutgers Law School, and holds an LLM in Corporate Law from New York University School of Law, as well as a M.B.A. in Business Management from Fordham Graduate School of Business.
Mr. Basil is an accomplished litigator with more than 25 years of litigation experience. He has represented individuals and companies in a variety of cases. His primary practice area encompasses commercial litigation and counseling across a broad spectrum of industries, including banking, manufacturing, personal services, fashion, real estate and retail. Whether the case is large or small, Mr. Basil is committed to providing the highest quality legal services in a cost effective manner.
Mr. Basil’s practice covers all facets of litigation, including trials and appeals from state and federal courts, and arbitration, in cases involving:
- Commercial contracts
- Restrictive covenants
- The Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act
- Fraudulent conveyances
- Piercing the corporate veil
- D&O issues
- Creditors’ rights
- Indemnification issues
- Real estate
- Intellectual property
- Government regulations
In addition to litigation, a key component of Mr. Basil’s practice is providing general counsel services on a wide range of business issues. He also manages litigation domestically and worldwide. As general counsel, Mr. Basil provides the following services:
- Conducting investigations when unlawful or unethical conducts has been alleged
- Drafting corporate documents, including commercial and employment contracts
- Advising clients on federal, state and municipal regulations
- Counseling on labor and employment-related issues including compliance with state and federal employment and wage and hour laws
- Fordham Graduate School of Business M.B.A., Business Management, 2004 W. Edwards Deming Scholar and Lecturer
- New York University School of Law LLM, Corporate Law, 1993 Focus on corporate law, structure and strategies
- Rutgers Law School J.D. Cum Laude, 1985 Member, Rutgers Law Journal
- Rutgers University – Camden B.A in Economics, 1973 Focus on economic and statistical theories
- Director The Basil Law Group, P.C.
- New York, NY
- 2005 – Present
- AV Rated(Formerly Collier & Basil, P.C.)
- Director of Litigation ICC Industries, Inc.
- N ew York, NY
- 2014 – PresentManages and litigates commercial matters domestically and worldwide.
- General Counsel Artifect
- New York, NY
- 2014 – PresentChief legal counsel for Artifect, which concentrates in providing a wide variety of services to the fashion and retail industries.
- Acting General Counsel
- Pharmaceutical Formulations, Inc.
- Chicago, IL
- 2003 – 2007
- General Counsel and Executive Vice President Softmart
- Downingtown, PA
- Outside General Counsel Rycoline Products LLC
- (subsidiary of Sun Chemical Compay) 1998 – 2003
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit